– ASUS OptiMem: Careful routing of traces and vias to preserve signal integrity for improved memory stability.
– Fan Xpert: Flexible controls for ultimate cooling and quietness, plus GPU-temperature sensing for cooler gaming.
– 5X Protection III: Multiple hardware safeguards for all-round protection.
ASUS Prime 300 Series motherboards provide the solid foundation needed for your first build, plus flexibility to grow with your ambitions. We’ve melded all the good stuff that’s packed into the latest 8th Generation Intel® CoreTM processors with essential ASUS design and engineering, so you benefit from industry-leading technologies — including automated system tuning, comprehensive cooling controls, and immersive onboard audio. When you build with an ASUS Prime 300 Series motherboard, you build smart, easy and affordably.
Improved DDR4 stability
ASUS OptiMem preserves memory signal integrity by routing traces and vias to the optimal PCB layer, and our T-Topology trace layout ensures time-aligned signaling by balancing trace lengths between memory slots. These enhancements allow the Prime 300 Series to support a wide range of dual and quad-DIMM memory kits, while providing your rig with the stability it needs to deal with any type of workload – whether you’re gaming or running intensive applications.
Cooler by design
Prime 300 Series features the most comprehensive cooling controls ever, configurable via ASUS Fan Xpert software or the UEFI BIOS.
Media-acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The UEFI BIOS is an early waypoint on any PC-building journey, and Prime 300 Series has one of the best in the business.
Intel Socket 1151 for 8th Generation CoreTM i7/CoreTM i5/CoreTM i3/Pentium/Celeron Processors
Supports Intel 14 nm CPU
Supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
-The Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 support depends on the CPU types.
-Refer to www.asus.com for CPU support list
2 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR4 2666/2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
-Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
-The maximum memory frequency supported varies by processor
-DDR4 2666MHz and higher memory modules will run at max. 2666MHz on Intel 8th Gen. 6-core or higher processors.
Integrated Graphics Processor- Intel HD Graphics support
Multi-VGA output support : HDMI/D-Sub ports
– Supports HDMI 1.4b with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 at 24 Hz / 25600 x 1600 at 60 Hz
– Supports D-sub with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 at 60 Hz
Maximum shared memory of 1024 MB (for iGPU exclusively)
Supports Intel InTruTM 3D, Quick Sync Video, Clear Video HD Technology, InsiderTM
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 mode, gray)
2 x PCIe 2.0 x1Storage
Intel H310 Chipset :
1 x M.2 Socket 3, , with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (both SATA and x2 PCIE mode)Note1
4 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), gray,
Realtek RTL8111H, 1 x Gigabit LAN
Realtek ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
– Supports : Jack-detection, Front Panel Jack-retaskingAudio Feature :
– LED-illuminated design – Brighten up your build with the gorgeous illuminated audio trace path.
– Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference
– Dedicated audio PCB layers: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals
– Premium Japanese audio capacitors: Provide warm, natural and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity
Choose the chassis with HD audio module in front panel to support 8-channel audio output.
Intel H310 Chipset :
4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 up to 5Gbps port(s) (2 at back panel, blue, Type-A, 2 at mid-board)
Intel H310 Chipset :
6 x USB 2.0/1.1 port(s) (2 at back panel, , 4 at mid-board)
ASUS 5X Protection III :
– ASUS SafeSlot Core: Fortified PCIe Slot prevents damage
– ASUS LANGuard: Protects against LAN surges, lightning strikes and static-electricity discharges
– ASUS Overvoltage Protection: World-class circuit-protecting power design
– ASUS Stainless-Steel Back I/O: 3X corrosion-resistance for greater durability
– ASUS DIGI+ VRM: 4 Phase digital power designASUS OptiMem:
– Optimem (Improved DDR4 stability)ASUS EPU :
ASUS Exclusive Features :
ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution :
ASUS EZ DIY :
ASUS Q-Design :
M.2 Onboard(The latest transfer technologies with up to 10Gb/s data transfer speeds)
|Back I/O Ports
1 x PS/2 keyboard (purple)
1 x PS/2 mouse (green)
1 x D-Sub
1 x HDMI
1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (blue) Type-A, up to 5Gbps
2 x USB 2.0
3 x Audio jack(s)
|Internal I/O Ports
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1(up to 5Gbps) connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (19-pin)
2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)
1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (both SATA and x2 PCIE mode)
1 x TPM header
1 x COM port(s) connector(s)
4 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
1 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
1 x S/PDIF out header(s)
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
1 x 4-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
1 x Clear CMOS jumper(s)
1 x System panel connector
1 x Speaker connector
2 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
1 x M.2 Anchor
1 x Supporting DVD
128 Mb Flash ROM, UEFI AMI BIOS, PnP, SM BIOS 3.1, ACPI 6.1, MultilanguageBIOS, ASUS EZ Flash 3, CrashFree BIOS 3, F6 Qfan Control, F3 MyFavorites, Last Modified log, F12 PrintScreen, and ASUS DRAM SPD (SerialPresence Detect) memory information
WOL by PME, PXEOperating System
Windows 10 64-bitForm Factor:
mATX Form Factor
8.9 inch x 7.3 inch ( 22.6 cm x 18.5 cm )
|Item Dimension (L inchxW inchxH inch)
10 x 9 x 3Weight